There are many colleges and institutes in Delhi offering Engineering courses. There are more than 11,000 seats on offer. There is IIT Delhi, DTU (Delhi College of Engineering) NSIT, NIT Delhi and there are 17 colleges affiliated to Jamia Milia Islamia University. The discipline on offer range from Computer Science, mechanical, chemical, manufacturing, Electrical, Bio medical, Textile, Civil, engineering physics and production.
Courses on offer include many B.Tech course of 4 years, dual degree course of 5 years and Integrated M.Tech courses.
The list of Top engineering colleges in Delhi is :-
- IIT Delhi
IIT Delhi is one of the Top ranked engineering college in India. IIT Delhi offers B Tech and M Tech Dual Degree courses in Chemical, Civil, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical, Power Engineering, Engineering Physics, Mechanical, Production and Industrial, Textile engineering.
- Delhi Technological University (Formerly Delhi College of Engineering)
DTU offers engineering courses in following disciplines : Automobile Engineering, Bio-Technology, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Engineering Physics, Information Technology, Mathematics and Computing, Mechanical Engineering, Polymer Science & Chemical Technology, Production & Industrial Engineering, Software Engineering.
The admission to B Tech course is done through JEE. 85% seats are for Delhi Region students.
Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology (Delhi University) is an autonomous institute of Govt of Delhi. NSIT offers B E degree in Electronics and Communication, Computer Engineering, Instrumentation and control, Manufacturing Process and Automation Engineering, Information Technology, Bio Technology. There are 766 seats and admissions are taken through JEE mains and 40% weightage is given to marks in class 12th.
- NIT Delhi
National Institute of Delhi offers 4 year bachelor course in Electrical and Electronics Engineering , Electronics and Communication Engineering and Computer Science Engineering.
The admissions take place through JEE. There are 60 seats in each branch. NIT Delhi also offers Post Graduate courses in Engineering.
5 IIIT Delhi
IIIT Delhi Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Okhla Phase III, New Delhi 20, is one of the Autonomous University in Delhi. IIIT Delhi offers B Tech Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering. There are 120 seats in CSE and 50 seats in ECE. For admissions the JEE mains scores is considered and weightage is given to Board mark and bonus marks are for rank holders in Indian National Olympiad in Informatics or Indian National maths Olympiad.
For admissions you need to have min 80% marks in aggregate in class 12th.
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women
Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women, Kashmere Gate, New Delhi has been upgraded from India Gandhi Institute of Technology in May 2013. The university offers B Tech in computer science and engineering, electronics and communication engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical and Automation Engineering. The admission to B Tech course is done through JEE. 85% seats are for Delhi Region students.
- IP University
IP University also offers B Tech and Dual Degree courses in engineering at many affiliate colleges.
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology, Kashmere Gate, Delhi.
- Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technologies & Research (Formerly Ambedkar Institute of Technology), Geeta Colony, Delhi .
- G.B. Pant Government Engineering College Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase-III, Okhla,New Delhi.
- Ch. Brahm Prakash Government Engineering College Jaffarpur, Najafgarh, Delhi.
- Delhi Institute of Tool Engineering Maa Anandmayi Marg, Okhla Industrial Area Phase-II, Delhi.
- National Power Training Institute Badarpur, New Delhi.
- Amity School of Engg. & Technology 580, Delhi Palam Vihar Road, Bijwasan New Delhi.
- Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology PSP-4, Sector – 17, Rohini, Delhi.
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering A-4, PaschimVihar, New Delhi.
- Guru Premsukh Memorial College of Engineering,G T Karnal Road, Delhi
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology, Rajouri Garden, Delhi
- HMR Institute of Technology and Management, Hameed Pur, Delhi
- Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology, PSP Area, Sector 22, Rohini, Delhi
- Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Technology, Janak Puri, New Delhi
- Northern India Engineering College,Shastri Park, Delhi
- University School of Biotechnology, Dwarka.
- University School of Information and Communication Technology (Formerly USIT), Sec 16 Dwarka.