After 10th a student’s life goes for a big change. It is now that he takes up subjects of his choice and puts focused efforts for better career prospects in future. It is an important landmark and many a times students do not take the best decisions. There are many decisions that are to be taken.
- Which stream After 10th should I choose?
- Which career After 10th should I choose?
- Should I take competitive coaching After 10th ?
- Should I take state board or CBSE board after 10th?
- Should I go for diploma or other courses or complete schooling After 10th?
These are all important questions and here are the answers
- You should choose that stream after 10th that matches with your aptitudes and personality and keep options for future open. Here it is important to understand that one must take an aptitude test to know about the aptitudes and personality and get recommendations from experts for the best suited stream after 10th. There is no stream which is best. All the streams like science, commerce and humanities offer good subjects and offer opportunity to enter into very good career later in life. There is not much merit in choosing a particular stream ( like science ) if you ultimately plan to take up career that naturally belongs to other stream. So, choose wisely and do not go by public opinion alone.
- After you have decided broadly which stream, then comes the option of choosing the subject combination like should you opt for commerce with maths, you should choose PCM with economics or computers etc. Well the choice of subject depends on what careers/ courses you are focusing on after 12th that is keeping the eligibility in mind. Eg if you want to go for economics Hons then you should have maths, if you plan to take up computer engineering then computers will be good with PCM, if you plan to study bio chemistry then you should have PCB with mathematics. Like that you must plan and choose.
Sometimes it has also been seen that people choose physical education as a subject thinking that this is an easy subject and they will get more time to study other subjects. Little do they realize that they are missing an important opportunity to learn a good subject and probably risking a career option after 12th.
- Almost every student asks this question, whether they should go for coaching for competitive exams. Well my answer is simple if you can afford it you should take it. The coaching centres help you with the pattern of exam and studies become more methodical but if you can do it yourself you can do without taking coaching also. And specially if you are not planning to give a particular entrance (like engineering or medical) then you can take individual/ group tuitions to suit your needs and prepare with last year’s papers etc.
- Another question that students have to tackle is to take up state board or CBSE or ISCE or any other. Well it depends what is your goal after 12th. For example you are focusing on national competitive exams then you should take up CBSE board as the syllabus is same. If you are banking more on state level exams then you should be good with state board. The choice should also depend on which school you are thinking and what teachers and past record the school has. This is an important decision and make this decision after due deliberations and after collecting the relevant information from all the available sources.
- Another question of straight away going for job oriented courses (Diploma’s etc) arises after 10th and one may think of leaving the school and going for these courses. Well we often advise students that if there is not much financial compulsion then one should complete class 12th and then take up job oriented courses. For a successful career in future one should get the maximum education possible and most of the reputed courses are available after 12th or after graduation for which completing schooling or class 12th is important.With this information, think about available choices and take a confident decision after 10th.
Explore Courses after 12th
Explore Career Options after 12th in commerce